Thursday, November 10, 2011

EXERCISES FOR ALL SEASONS: Raise Hands Chi Kung

Raise Hands 9x, blizzard, frozen lake, right side view - 02/10/10 When I'm walking in the park during a blizzard, I'm wearing my thick, heavy winter boots, which keep my feet warm even in temperatures 35 degrees below zero. By the time I get to this part of the park, I have already been walking for about a half an hour, in snow that's 12 inches deep! Just taking several steps in snow this deep is strenuous work. To lift the heavy boot out of the snow, and take a step forward, I have to overcome the resistance of several inches of snow, and my heavy boot! www.youtube.com By the time I've walked for a half an hour through this much snow, I'm sweating like crazy! I'm hot as hell inside my winter coat! When I stand still for a while and do some of my stationary, deep-breathing routines, like this "Raise Hands 9x" set, I'm venting, relaxing, letting some of my body heat come out. I take a bit of a break. I know I still have to do another half hour of slogging through deep snow to get back home. Walking for an hour in 12 inches of snow, in thick, heavy boots is some of the most strenuous physical activity I've ever experienced! When I get home and take off my outer layers, my inside layers are all drenched with sweat! It's a great total body experience! I'm looking forward to walking in deep snow again this winter, whenever lots of snow comes down. ChiGuy396 ChiGuy396@yahoo.com **

No comments:

Post a Comment